- “Rebranding NAFTA; New trade deal offers more of the same for Mexico” (Latin America News Dispatch, October 30, 2018)
- “Pasteles, a Puerto Rican Tradition, Have a Special Savor Now” (New York Times, December 1, 2017), interview on Puerto Rican pasteles and the food situation in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.
- “Personalizing Pasteles” (Edible Manhattan, November 6, 2016), interview on Puerto Rican pasteles.
- “Cultural Factors Affecting Nutritional Outcomes”, Lehman College Public Health Minute, September 15, 2016.
- Radio interview at “Native” on Heritage Public Radio, Puerto Rican Culture and Crisis (Episode 34), October 22, 2015.
- “My Family Pastelada in Brooklyn: Story, tutorial and recipe” (Centro Voices, December 3, 2014), interview about traditional Christmas foods.
- “Puertorriqueña investiga cómo los caribeños hablan sobre su alimentación” [Puerto Rican investigates how Caribbeans talk about their food], EFEUSA on August 15, 2014 (also distributed to El Nuevo Dia, Telemundo Atlanta, and other local and national media outlets)
- “Buscan cambiar relación humana con los alimentos” [Seeking to change human relationship with food], Television interview at Telemundo (Puerto Rico), August 14, 2014.
- Radio interview at “Salud y Nutrición con Vilma Calderón”, Radio Isla 1320 AM (Puerto Rico), August 11, 2014.
- “Puerto Ricans Turn to Cacerolas When Their Voices Have Been Silenced or Ignored” (Op-Ed by Monica Ocasio Vega for Remezcla on the July 2019 protests in Puerto Rico)
Events and other public engagement
- Nutricion y Fitness (Diaspora x Puerto Rico, Facebook Live, Sept. 2020),
- Women Scholars of Color Roundtable (featuring Nia-Raquelle Smith, Christina Hylton, Whitney Barr, and Melissa Fuster), Association for the Study of Food in Society, Twitter Conference, May 2020.
- Cocinando Justicia (Cooking Justice), Panel discussion at Loisaida Cultural Center, April 2018.
- Living and Eating Comida Criolla in New York City, Florida International University Cuban Research Institute, April 2017